Podcast – Will We or Won’t We? The Likelihood of the U.S. Entering a Recession
July 3, 2023
During this installment of The Wealth Enterprise Briefing podcast, Michael Zeuner, the managing partner of WE Family Offices, engaged in a discussion with Sam Sudame, CFA, CAIA, CFP, the director of macro investment strategy, to assess the present condition of the capital markets. They explored uncertainties surrounding the future trajectory of interest rates, levels of inflation and the likelihood of a U.S. recession.
Some of the topics Zeuner and Sudame specifically offer insight on the following:
- Where is the direction of the overall economy likely headed?
- Are we headed toward a recession? Why has one not already occurred?
- What factors will determine inflation levels moving forward?
- How does inflation impact the likelihood of future Fed rates?
- Are equity markets at the beginning of a bull market?
- How can investors leverage cash holdings in our current rate environment?
- What role can investment-grade fixed income play in portfolios?
Throughout their conversation, Zeuner and Sudame explain that investors are currently experiencing a tale of two markets, which is creating a tug-of-war over whether the U.S. economy will experience a recession. Considering this environment, family offices should expect significant, ongoing volatility and allocate their portfolios appropriately.
If you have any questions about which direction the markets and economy may be headed or how to properly prepare your portfolio, please do not hesitate to contact us.