Podcast – The Role of Hedge Funds in a Family’s Portfolio
July 21, 2023
In the latest episode of The Wealth Enterprise Briefing, WE Family Offices’ Managing Partner, Michael Zeuner, and Senior Investment Manager, Matt Farrell, CAIA, explore the role hedge funds can play in portfolios and how they differ from traditional funds.
Specifically, this podcast episode addresses the following questions:
- What is the role of hedge funds in a family’s portfolio?
- How do hedge funds differ from traditional funds?
- How should the allocation to hedge funds be determined?
- What are the considerations for sizing hedge funds in a portfolio?
- What is the relationship between market cycles and hedge fund positioning?
- How does liquidity factor into hedge fund investments?
- What are the categories of hedge funds?
Overall, this podcast episode offers valuable insights into how hedge funds can reduce volatility and offer differentiated, risk-adjusted returns by investing in securities not easily accessible in the public markets.
If you are interested in investing in hedge funds, the allocation strategy should fit current market conditions and long-term goals. If you have any questions about incorporating hedge funds into your portfolio, please do not hesitate to contact us.